About British Felt
About British Felt
We are converters of non-woven fabrics, wool, polyester & viscose felts, closed & open-cell foams and cellular rubbers; manufacturing components for a variety of sectors including:
- Automotive (kiss cut non-woven pads and shapes)
- Medical (orthopaedic supports and padding)
- Construction ( sound absorption, anti-vibration)
- Steel Processing (wiping & braking pads for cold roll steel & alloys)
- Toy & Hobby craft (handicraft felts)
- Military (variety of pads, seals and converted parts)
- Engineering (gasket, washers, seals, oil & liquid transfer)
- Flexographic Printing ( Felt & Foam End Seals for chambered ink systems)
- Aerospace & Rail (washers, seals, window gaskets, sound absorption, oil transfer)
- UPvC foiling ( various felt systems for priming extrusions prior to foiling)
- White Goods Manufacturing (seals, washers and gaskets, self-adhesive solutions)
- Vehicle Bodybuilding (felts for glass carrying vehicles, manual and automatic glass cutting tables)
- Filtration ( air and liquid separation felts)
Our pressed wool felt (other names include technical felt, industrial felt, pressed felt, wool felt) is manufactured using traditional methods of pressing, fulling, shrinking and drying and is globally sourced from a number of key partners in both Europe and Asia, who are assessed by us as being competent to manufacture to both British and International standards recognised for felt manufacturing.
Our foam, rubber and adhesive tapes are all sourced from UK & European partners, with whom we have developed very close working relationships.
We operate a quality system approved and professionally audited to ISO 9001:2015. However we run quality systems higher and more involved than this approval demands due to our involvement within the Automotive and Aerospace sectors.
We are comfortable and familiar with product release using the following methods:
Our conversion facilities are extensive and we have an ongoing schedule of capital re-investment in our business to ensure that we can operate to the very latest tolerances and stringent quality requirements that our customers demand of us. We support both consumers and converters with our raw materials and products, and are considered to be key in the supply chain of many multi-national and household named companies in the UK and Europe.
We carefully select and monitor all of our key suppliers and are kept well informed of changes in manufacturing technology and any alterations in policy to the use and potential restriction of certain substances. Our raw material partners are key to our ongoing support of our market place, and their knowledge and expertise is readily available to provide solutions in all sectors.
British Felt Co is the trading name of Worldwide Wool Felts Limited.
Registered in England No. 2516179
VAT Registration number GB 225 4337 79
Registered Office: Sterling House, 20 Station Road, Gerrards Cross, Buckinghamshire SL9 8EL